artist + writer
Hello! I live in a small, rural town in Northern California. I'm a former legal secretary + wine bar owner. I'm in long-term recovery from alcohol and write about it quite a bit here on this blog. I'm also a student and majoring in art and just started calling myself an Artist. I'm also a mother, wife, sister, daughter and friend to many. I share all of this as a way for you to get to know me and where I create from. I make art daily and it's been a HUGE part of my path to recovery.
I started blogging back in 2007 here and created weekly blog entries wherein I shared my family life, thrifting adventures, forays into gardening and creative endeavors. Mostly, my blog was a place to deposit my feelings about motherhood and where I could jot down the details of my son's childhood so I wouldn't forget it. I'm grateful I took the time to do so.
When I got sober on February 3, 2015, I decided to tuck that old blog away and write from this new perspective of being a sober woman striving to be a better human every single day. I feel compelled to share my journey and hope that it resonates with others who are struggling to live a sober life or longing to be creative. This little blog is meant to inspire you to live out loud, paint outside of the lines + reclaim your passions so that you can become the person you've always wanted to be.
I also want to use this new space to attempt to stretch myself as a human, try new things on for size and share my own creative and personal pursuits, as well as my struggles + successes with sobriety.
Welcome. I'm so glad you're here.
My work can also be found in these places on the internet:
The Mantra Project: 40 Days of Sobriety
with Holly Glenn Whitaker, Founder of Hip Sobriety
The Recovery Revolution
- Crossing the Room column on how I'm working the 12 Steps of AA
- Drawing Conclusions (About Recovery) interview + artwork
- Since Right Now podcast interview with Chris + Jeff
Liv's Recovery Kitchen
- My August 2016 interview on Liv's beautiful website for her Kitchen Table Conversations series can be found here
- An essay on my daily gratitude practice from Summer 2016 is featured on Sondra Primeaux's website + blog and can be found by clicking here
- Click here to find a complete list of my essays over on
Last Call Blog
- My February 2016 interview about my very own Relationships in Recovery can be found here
p.o. box 496, valley ford, ca 94972